Saturday, May 3, 2008

Just Hanging Out

So I'm just kinda hanging out tonight...not something that happens often. I got hit with a nasty head cold this week that just took all the energy out of me, but I feel like if I can get a good night sleep tonight I will be back into the swing of things.

Brad is home this weekend, which is a first in a long time, so he is up putting the kids to bed so I can have some quiet time which is great. He is gearing up for his trip to Honduras next week. I'm excited for him to be able to go, but not looking forward to 2 weeks on my own. I'm not sure how the kids will handle it either. They quite often have to go 2-3 days without seeing him because of his long, crazy work hours, and that is way more than long enough. The last time he went to Honduras, Riley was only just over a year, probably about the same age Naomi is now, and it was tough. I think it will be even harder for him this time around though. But, luckily my mom will be off the first week and I've had a few friends offer to spend some time with us or bring a meal while he's gone which is going to be such a blessing.

Well, my garden has officially started growing! The peas I planted a couple weeks ago are all coming up in 4 neat little rows. We've noticed a nice, fluffy bunny hanging around in our yard close to the garden, so we may end up needing to pick up some chicken wire to secure the bottom of the fencing. I scared him off yesterday, but he was back sleeping in the yard again today. Unfortunately, I think we have had a family of bunnies living behind our shed under the woodpile the last couple years and may have some competition for our veggies.

Hard to believe it, but I recently got the information for my 10 yr high school reunion coming up this summer. Can't believe it's already been that long, and then again maybe 10 years hasn't been long enough haha. But it will be good to see some old faces and touch base with old friends I've lost touch with.

Been working quite a bit lately on orders for Color Me {Happy} which has been super fun! I'm getting ready to order more envelopes so that is a good sign :). I'm trying to spend more time on advertisting which I think is going to help a bunch. I am learning a ton through all of this, and having fun too in the meantime, which right now is the important thing to me.

Well, I think its time for me to go give good night kisses so I will sign off for now! <3

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin