I made cookies today with Riley and tried out a new recipe that I will definitely be using again! If you like peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate then these cookies are for you!
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup Crisco all vegetable shortening
1 cup mashed banana
3 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup nuts (optional)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, banana, milk, vanilla, and almond extract in a large bowl.
3. Add egg. Beat until blended.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to shortening mixture. Beat at low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
5. Drop dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake on cookie sheet at a time for about 10 minutes or until cookies are light brown at the edges.
I was able to get 40 small/medium sized cookies from this recipe.
Buon Appetito!














1 comments:
These are yummy! I froze 2/3's of the dough and am using 1 of those third's tonight for some cookies - I can't wait until they are done. I've also tried the chicken cheese melt and ended up eating mine AND the kids. I'll have to try again with them a few times b/c they are plain jane eaters!!
Post a Comment