Saturday, July 12, 2008

Chicken Enchilladas

I do our big grocery shopping once every two weeks so I have to stretch out what we have towards the end of that time to make it to the next payday. So when I came across this recipe I was excited not only by how easy it was since it's not something I usually make, but that I had all the ingredients (with slight modifications). So here is my version of it, and it was SO tasty!
INGREDIENTS:

1 8oz. package cream cheese

1 small jar of salsa

2 cups sliced cooked chicken breast

1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed

5-6 flour tortillas

2 cups shredded colby-jack cheese


DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x11 baking dish.

2. Lightly cover the bottom of a pan with cooking oil. Sautee the chicken strips in the oil until cooked through.

3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream cheese and salsa. Cook, stirring until melted and well blended. Stir in chicken and beans. Fill tortillas with the mixture, roll and place into the prepared baking dish. I had extra filling so I poured the remainder over the top. Sprinkle cheese over it and cover with aluminum foil.

4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until heated through. You can add any of your favorite toppings such as lettuce and tomatoes, or sour cream.

Buon appetito!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks fantastic! I printed the recipe and can't wait to try it. Also printed the cookie recipe which looks right up our alley... I'm so impressed that you've started another blog. You're amazing! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one. :)

Anonymous said...

Great! Let me know how it turns out!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin