I come from an Italian family, so I love to make (and eat!) anything with sauce and cheese, especially these delicious stuffed shells.
INGREDIENTS:
* 20-25 Large pasta shells
* 1 clove garlic, finely copped (I used garlic powder)
* 1 (15 oz) container Ricotta cheese
* 1/4 cup shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese
* 1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
* 1 egg, slightly beaten
* 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
* 1 (26 oz) jar pasta sauce
* (I also threw in 1 cup cooked peas)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Cook shells according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water, drain again.
2. Combine garlic, cheeses, egg, and parsley in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired. (Add peas). Set aside.
3. Coat a 9x13 baking pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Spread about 1 cup sauce evenly across the bottom of the pan.
4. Fill shells with cheese mixture and arrange in baking pan seams side up. Portion remaining sauce evenly over shells. Loosly cover baking pain with foil.
5. Bake 30 min, uncover and bake an additional 15-20 min or until heated through.
Yields: about 6 servings














1 comments:
This is the one I made a couple nights ago..and we had enough left over for dinner last night too! Great recipe and super yummy:o) We all loved it (well, Leah didn't eat much, but she hasn't been eating much of anything lately. I think it's because she's not feeling great:( ) Thanks for sharing it! I'm off to try some more:o)
Post a Comment