Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Zucchini Cakes



I tried this new recipe I found in an old magazine that looked like a great way to use up some of the zucchini we have from the garden. They are basically corn muffins baked with zucchini, cheese, and cayenne pepper for some spice. I couldn't find my cayenne pepper so I used crushed red pepper flakes. Next time I would try adding even more pepper flakes because I couldn't really taste them, but these were still pretty good...just different. They would be a great side for a meal and a nice alternative to a traditional corn muffin.

INGREDIENTS:
* 1/2 of a medium zucchini, shredded (1 cup)
* 1 (8.5 oz) pkg corn muffin mix
* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 egg
* 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray, set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl combine zucchini, muffin mix, cheese, milk, egg, and cayenne pepper. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.

Yields: 12 muffins

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin