This has been quite a tough week here. I looked in the mirror today and feel like I have aged so much in one week. Funny how life happens to you like that. Riley's stomach bug is just hanging on and so we are on day 8 of sickness and sleepless nights. I have cleaned up more bodily excrements than I ever wanted to see or smell, and done more loads of laundry in one week than I have even done in a month. I missed all of my meetings this week and am behind on so many obligations and household responsibilities it feels like things will never get back to normal around here. Brad is working night clinic tonight, so another very long day for me as well. But in the midst of a difficult stretch, I am thankful for so many things and need to focus on that rather than my current circumstances that I know will be better soon. So here are 10 things I am thankful for today.
1. The sun is shining!
2. My parents taking the kids this morning so I can try to catch up on things and get some much needed rest...the laundry is almost done and then I am laying down!!!
3. Even though we aren't able to go to Pittsburgh for the weekend anymore, my brother is coming here instead tomorrow!
4. My mother and father-in-laws for the encouraging emails and phone message this week.
5. My grandpa is home and recovering from his surgery.
6. Even though I feel like I look a decade older this week, someone still stopped me in the store on Monday and said I look like Reese Witherspoon, (for the millionth time) haha.
7. I get to take a nap in an empty house today.
8. For Brad who works so hard at his job and then comes home and works so hard to help with the kids and the house - I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have him.
9. For my friends and family who are praying for us every day - God knows we need it!
10. And for my two precious babies who make life harder, but certainly more full of joy and love and make everything, even the weeks like this one, all worth it.














2 comments:
I'm glad you are hanging in there -Praying things calm down so you can get some rest! Good job counting your blessings to keep perspective when the "not so great" things in life come your way!
I'm sorry you've had such a rough week! Is Riley feeling better yet? I'm praying for you:o) Thank you for the zoo files! I did get them. They are super cute...I can't wait to use them.
Post a Comment