This morning was our Christmas service at church. It wasn't much different than a normal service (purposefully so visitors don't come to a "suped up" service and then are disappointed when they come back and it's not like that every week - we have amazing music and preaching EVERY week, so it's hard to "top" it anyways :)...). The message was on Hope as the true theme of Christmas, whether you believe in Jesus or not, but real Hope is only found in Him. David gave us a lot of historical background of what King Herod was like and how he ruled, which was really interesting and more detail than I'd ever learned before. If you are interested in hearing about real hope and learning more about what the First Christmas was really like under the reign of this overzealous king, you can listen to it here!
We got a few cute pics of the fam and the kids this morning (I absolutely love Naomi's Christmas dress this year)! Always hard to get one where every one is looking and smiling, but that definitely characterizes this stage of our life! :)














3 comments:
Do love that dress! Your family is so cute too-- I am following along:) Merry Christmas! (PS- with your straight hair in your profile pic I think you look like Reese Witherspoon :)-- thats a comp I hope!
Thank you! Actually, I have been told quite often for the last 10 years that I look like Reese :). I posted a profile pic of her on my Facebook once and fooled a ton of people. It's a running joke in my family now. hehe
Beautiful Family pic Melissa! A very talented Momma you are!
Post a Comment