Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 12: Jesus Birthday Cakes


I hope you have enjoyed these! If you took the time to try one, please leave a comment and let me know! It makes blogging more fun when people interact with you and makes it worth typing all these out when I know someone is benefiting from it! Have a very Merry Christmas!

*************************************************************************************
My final post for the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies is a little early because I am going to be in the kitchen all day tomorrow preparing for Thursday! Again, not a cookie but a great Christmas idea that can become a treasured tradition for your family after all these cookies we've made!

I was hoping to use this idea this year, but with all the cookies I ended up making in addition to another dessert I have planned for Christmas, I'm not sure we are going to add a cake into the mix as well. We are going to to a breakfast version of a birthday "cake," so do whatever works for you as you remember and celebrate the birth of our Saviour! Merry CHRISTmas!

Jesus Birthday Cake #1

1 chocolate cake mix
Frosting

Make a round cake - chocolate to symbolize our sin. (or you could do a red velvet cake!)

Cover with white frosting - white to symbolize His purity that covers our sins.

Decorate with a star and an angel - they symbolize the bearers of the first glad tidings.

Add 12 red candles - 12 candles symbolize that Christ is our light through the 12 months and the color red stands for his blood shed for us.

Encircle the cake with green frosting - symbolizing everlasting life.

OR...

JESUS BIRTHDAY CAKE #2 (An alternative to a traditional cake)

1 cup peanuts

1/2 cup oil

1/2 cup butter

1 lb marshmallows

1 bag gumdrop spices (no black)

9 qt popped popcorn

Spray roaster. Put popcorn and nuts into it and keep warm in oven. Melt marshmallows, butter and oil together and pour over popcorn in roaster. Stir. Add gumdrops. Butter a cake pan or angel food cake pan well (whatever shape pan you desire). Pack mixture hard into pan. Cool thoroughly. May put a few gumdrops and nuts on bottom of pan before you press in mixture. Turn out onto serving platter.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin