If you are on Facebook, you have probably seen this note going around. You are supposed to write 25 random things about you, and then tag 25 friends on Facebook. If you get tagged, you have to write your own and tag 25 more people. So since it took me a good while to write out 25 things (it's harder than it sounds!), I figured I might as well post it here too. So here is my list of completely random blurbs about me...
1. I got a B.A. in Early Childhood Education and taught kindergarten for several years, but have absolutely no plans to go back to the teaching field or to home school.
2. I was always an early to bed, early to rise person, but since having kids that has reversed.
3. Brad and I have been a couple for 12 years. I can't remember life without him.
4. I have a 3 1/2 yr old and an almost 2 yr old and I can't remember life without them either.
5. I have played the violin for 22 years. My two favorite experiences with that were playing in a symphony orchestra, which I hope to do again when the kids are in school, and playing improv in a rockin' worship band at our church in Cincy.
6. I had my baby blankie until my 2nd child was born. I used it as a pillow.
7. I love to be organized, but since having kids it can be a struggle for me. It just isn't a priority anymore, but I wish I could be better at it still.
8. I have been Christian since I was a kid, dedicated my life to God in high school, attended the "Harvard" of Christian colleges, became frustrated with "the church" post-college, focused my faith in Christ during Brad's med school years, and am trying to live my life to bring God glory today.
9. I love change. I need to mix things up every now and then or I get bored :).
10. I love computers and probably spend way too much time on mine. I love figuring out how to accomplish things on my computer as well as the social interaction I get. I do think I have a bit of an addiction, but try very hard to do everything in moderation.
11. I have never been the type to keep a journal, but I love love love blogging. It is one of my favorite past times!
12. On those spiritual gifts surveys we used to take, I would always get "pastoring/shepherding" as my top gift and never really understood what that meant, because I knew I would never be a pastor, haha. Now that I have been involved in leadership in several different capacities, I understand how the "shepherding" gift can work.
13. I don't like to talk on the phone. At all. I only do it because I have to, or because I really really really want to talk to somebody.
14. I have 2 of the best brothers in the whole world. They are totally different from each other, but they are both great friends to me and awesome uncles to my kids.
15. I have loved art since I was a kid. I took art lessons and a lot of art classes in high school for fun. But for some reason never thought it was something I could have a career in. Now I have my business and feel like I am living a dream I never thought would happen!
16. The farthest from home I have been is The Gambia, West Africa. I got sun poisoning and felt like I was literally baking in an oven (I'm such a Northern girl!), but it was a life changing experience I will never forget.
17. I have been told since I was 16 I look like Reese Witherspoon by random people...people passing me in the store, customers at places I worked, hairdressers, etc.
18. I've been told more than I ever cared to hear how young I looked for my age (although these days I don't mind it as much!). But on the flip side I have often been told I am mature beyond my years, especially when I got married at 20. I guess I have an old soul..I like old things!
19. One Christmas card I look forward to every year that is extra special to me is from a mom and student I had in my very first kindergarten class who has a special place in my heart for several reasons. I love hearing about his accomplishments and seeing how much he has grown!
20. I was born a brunette, have lived the last 6 years or so as a blonde and loved it, but am going back to my roots.
21. I joined the track team as a freshman in high school and after the first week was put on the Varsity team. The coach called me "a diamond in the rough" at one of the practices- I couldn't believe it! I ran the 100m, the 200m, the 4 by 100, the 4 x 200 (my fav!), and occasionally the 400 (hated that one!). I ran my sophomore year and injured my leg and was diagnosed with exercise induced asthma so didn't run much the end of the season. I tried to join again my senior year, but decided to play in the pit orchestra for the spring musical instead. To this day, I hate to run...haha.
22. Sometimes I wish I was more outgoing and less shy. I tend to assume people don't like me. I don't know why. I am getting better about that though.
23. I love to read. I always have 3-4 books at a time that I am reading and a stack of at least 3 or 4 more waiting on my nightstand. I read all kinds of books, but my favorite are adventure, action, mystery stories.
24. I've always been better at being friends with guys than with girls. Maybe that comes from growing up with brothers. Since getting married, I have very few close friends because it was hard to keep close guy relationships being married. I wish I had more close girl friends. Although I have to edit this to say that the close girl friends I do have are amazing and are like sisters to me!
25. I truly love being a mom more than anything. I can't put into words the joy it brings me. I feel so blessed to have two beautiful, smart, healthy children.
26. I pierced my own ears when I was 23 with an ice cube, a sharp earring, and a wine cooler. I have a pretty high pain tolerance.
27. I LOVE smoothies. I make a smoothie just about every day.














4 comments:
Great list!! I totally get 13 and 24 that is so me!!!
Take care and have a great weekend!!
Wow, I can only imagine how long that would take me! I enjoyed reading them, and already knowing quite a few:o) I'm so glad you're my friend!
I'll be your friend ! :) Bloggy friend at least... but that will be good for you since you don't like to talk on the phone hehe
Thanks ladies! Glad to have you all as friends <3 Wish you lived closer to me! :)
Post a Comment