Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blast From the Past - June 2004

Warm, sunny, peaceful, tropical beach.

That's where I want to be right now. We are in the middle of the coldest week of winter with sub-zero temperatures for our lows and single digits for highs. It is so cold out I almost didn't get my car started last night after I had bundled up the kids and loaded them into the car for our church activities. Luckily, after much persistence and cringing at the awful sound the starter was making, I got it running. So I thought it is the perfect day to reminisce and escape from this frigid winter day. So enjoy with me a few photos from our vacation in June 2004 to the Cayman Islands. We spent 10 days there in a beach front condo that was given to us to use for free by friends of my in-laws. It was one of my favorite vacations ever!

Perhaps you have some fun, warm photos from June 2004 as well - play along with me by grabbing the button from my sidebar and leaving a link to your Blast from the Past post in my comments. These of course were scanned because we didn't get a digital camera until Bambino #1 came along, but lovely none the less!



AHHHHHHH...to be relaxed and happy and tan. Now that's the life.

I can almost feel my toes again! :)

4 comments:

Sara said...

Oh wow, you totally increased my spring fever with these pics! I want to hit the beach, too! I'm so over these frigid temps - it was 16 below zero this morning when I left for work! Beautiful pictures!

Jenney said...

Okie..I participated! I can't believe I still have those pics on my computer~

Tami said...

How fun! Too bad I don't have many pics from pre-Leah/digital camera. I know there might be some in a box..somewhere in the garage.:o) I'll join in the next one though!

Terri said...

Love these pictures! I too had a hard time finding them but you'll see in my blog post I just had to look for Jalene pics....

http://mackmers.blogspot.com/2009/01/blast-from-past-june-2004.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin