Monday, January 19, 2009

Friday Funny Page Rules

Hey all. I've been pretty laid back about the Friday Funny Pages "meme" I started because I'm a pretty laid back person. I know there's been a few people out there joining in who haven't posted a link to their post here and haven't made a big deal about it. I figure they are shy and will jump in when they're ready. But I'm going to ask those of you who are my friends out there to help me out. The problem I am starting to see as I am browsing blogs and friends of friends' blogs who are starting to join in is that people are not posting a link to their post here, not linking back here at all, and I have seen my graphic being used with my website url taken off the button. That kinda got to me. I created that image and I don't want it ending up around the Internet as a generic thing anyone can grab. I hate having to be a stickler but it's not nice to have your work taken or altered without your knowledge or permission. If you would like to join in I would LOVE to have you do so! That's why I started it! The more the merrier! :) But please respect these few simple rules I have about it, and if you have friends or family joining in, please urge them to respect the rules as well, or to refrain from using my button. Are we cool? Thanks everyone! :)

1. Post your funny moments from the week on your blog. At the beginning of your post you must provide a link to my blog (not just the button).

2. Publish your post, then click the title of the post. Copy and paste the url and leave a comment here so we can all enjoy each other's Funnies!

3. (optional) I've created a button for you to snag and use on your site that will link back to my site. You can copy the code and paste it as an html gadget on your site. (See sidebar) That way your readers will know where to go to read all the Funnies and how to join in!

PLEASE do not alter the button in any way. If you put the button in your sidebar, please be sure it is linked to this url: http://racecarsandrubyslippers.blogspot.com/2008/11/friday-funny-pages.html

4. If I've inspired you to post funny things you want to remember on your blog I'm glad! But if you don't want to post it here or link back to me, then I ask you to respect my work and not use my button in that case.

Thank you!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Should all be fixed:o) So sorry you're having problems! I got the url link fixed on my sidebar too. Not sure how I messed that up. :o)

Terri said...

ha ha. I owe an apology too because in an attempt to center the button on my post(s) I think I probably screwed up the linking part of it. guess I should stop pretending I am code literate. I will recopy your code and make sure it works. btw I am SO glad you started this one!:)

Melissa said...

No worries! Thanks for fixing whatever wasn't working ladies. I enjoy reading your funnies - thanks for joining in with me! :)

Terri if you want to center an html code this might help. Just surround the original code with < c e n t e r / > at the end and < c e n t e r > at the beginning (without the spaces - I had to do that so it would let me publish this comment). Hope that helps!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin