I have learned that a lot of times it doesn't take much to brighten someone's day, especially a 3 year old and 22 month old. And these super fun little straw cups I found at Target were worth the couple of dollars I spent to make these kids feel extra special :). In case you can't tell from the photo, Riley has a dinosaur and Naomi has a chicky. My only regret is not getting the cow one too!The other day I tried to save time by making homemade macaroni and cheese in the crock pot. I have a fantabulous, super cheesy, lick-the-plate clean, recipe that I normally use, but it takes a bit of time, so I found a crock pot version that looked decent on a recipe blog (that will remain nameless but is pretty well known for crock pot recipes) and thought I'd give it a try. Blech! It was by far the worst mac and cheese I've ever had! After the first bite I could barely take another and I knew I wasn't going to make the kids eat it after I couldn't barely force it down myself. So to lighten up the mood of having pretty much NOTHING else for the kids to eat besides our side of broccoli, I grabbed the camera off the table and we took some fun pictures of the kids eating their nasty mac and cheese and then just being silly when I told them they didn't have to eat it. I think we were all glad for THAT decision.
Thankfully we don't have too many meals that turn out like that, but at least we could have some laughs over it! :)















4 comments:
We have a monkey cup like those my camp kids gave me last year from Target...Snug LOVES it.
That is too funny that you had the kids making fun of the mac and cheese! The pictures are so cute! Before I enven started reading the post I thought to myself, "someone has been shopping at Target!" :) I saw those little cups and that they were adorable.
I saw that stuff at Target yesterday! So cute..I loved the farm stuff too! And that's hilarious about the mac and cheese. At least you got a good laugh out of it;o) I think I'm making another one of your recipes tonight! :o)
Gotta check those out! So cute.
Post a Comment