Today has just been rotten. From the second I opened my eyes it was no good. I even had high hopes of putting the kids down for an early nap and starting the second half of the day fresh, but that was not quite how things played out. Here is a sampling of what has gone on here today.
1. Riley woke up early, while Brad was out running, and began yelling "Daaaadddyyy, Dadddddyyy" over and over until he woke up Naomi who started to join the chorus and yell, "Mooommmy Mommmy." He knows he is not supposed to do this. I was startled out of a deep sleep and started my day way too early with a jolly good headache.
2. If I have to hear, "That's MY toy!" one more time I am throwing all our toys in the dumpster. That was the phrase of the day.
3. I don't think there was a minute that went by today that the kids didn't argue about something. It was a little extreme.
4. When they did fight over the same toy, I enforced the rule that it gets put away. Riley didn't like when that occurred with his Dinosaur cards, so he ran at me screaming and punching. When did he ever think that would be a good idea?
5. After attempting to put the kids down for an early nap, and finally dozing off on the couch myself, I awoke (again) to Riley screaming because his bed was wet, which to this moment I can not figure out since he was wearing a new pull-up and went potty right before laying down.
6. After settling him back down, I laid down and dozed ever so briefly before Naomi woke up with a dirty diaper and in the process of getting her in the bathroom and cleaned up she woke up Riley.
7. I decided to take the kids across the street to the playground and let them run and play to their hearts content until we all got too cold to stay out. Good idea?
8. The afternoon continued pretty much the same as the morning with all the arguing, fighting, screaming, and whining. . .and there was a lot of discipline going on.
9. Riley massively pooped in his underwear even though he's been potty trained for quite awhile now, was standing three feet from a potty, and knows that is not acceptable.
And the grand finale-
10. After forcing Riley, who is becoming way too picky, to finish his dinner (specifically, the side of stuffing I made to go with the pork chops), he puked it up all over the dinner table.
I am going to go up to my room and close the door now. I think we will start fresh tomorrow, but I think I've had enough for one day.














7 comments:
Man can I relate! More often than not lately, I have some point in my day when I just don't think I can take it anymore. However, the evening eventually comes and I am reminded that God's grace is sufficient and forced to confess my sinful attitudes and 're'actions. Today it is sleepless nights, whining, crying, diaper 'accidents', etc. which will just change into other issues that will stretch us and mold us more & more into the image of Jesus Christ for God's glory.
That being said I am anxious to get to Waterloo next week, pass off the kids to Nana & Papa and crash!
Oh I am so sorry about your day. I actually mentioned to Matt that I was considering spanking every child, not just my own, in the house today. I think he was a bit afraid to leave me alone with them after that.
The winter will be over soon and it will get better. I think we all just have cabin fever. Despite the bad day, you got 2 cute pictures :o)
Bummer of a day. Sometimes when I have a rough day and I can't wait to get the kids in bed - I close their doors and it only takes me about a minute before I miss them. Of course that passes quickly too as I realize that I will see them bright and early the next day. Oh the joys of motherhood!!!
Aww! I know all about those kind of days! Tomorrow is a NEW day and I hope it is GREAT!!!
Oh wow, that is a horrible day! We can relate here too...unfortunately. Some days just need a restart button. I hope tomorrow is better!
Hey friend!
I am sorry your day was so hard! I hope it helped to let it all out in your post! I am sorry that I had a good laugh at your expense! :) Here's hoping to a better day today! Much love! XOXO
Lord, give my friend the blessing of a peaceful day! We love you! Amen
Post a Comment