Here's a little update on some random things we're up to.
Brad finished up his last shift this morning before he heads off to Honduras for two weeks on Sunday. This will be his 3rd medical trip there, and he is really looking forward to it. With the help of our church/school and friends, he was able to raise over $400 to take with him to purchase school supplies for the children there! We have a few fun things planned while he is gone to pass the time, and Brad's mom will be coming to help out the second week which will be a big help.
He's been trying to spend as much time with the kids as he can before he leaves. Here they are blowing bubbles in the yard - we are loving this warmer weather!We have also been having tons of fun playing with friends lately. Yesterday, Kathryn and her kids came over. Riley and Mia had us in stitches as they played Peter Pan and Wendy fighting the pirates. It was adorable!
And Naomi and Emma also enjoyed each others company. They are so sweet :).
Why are dandelions so fascinating to kids? Maybe because it's the only "flower" we encourage them to pick. The kids all spent the morning picking dandelions out in the yard. It's in desperate need of a mowing, but we'll see if we can squeeze in a quick mow before Brad leaves so I don't have to do it twice :). Riley went out again this morning, and wanted to hold his bouquet until we finally put it in a vase.
Riley continues to soak in everything he can learn about dinosaurs. When the kids were playing in the sandbox yesterday he said, "Mommy, we are paleontologists and we are digging for dinosaur worms." Yes, he said paleontologists. He also told me today that someday he would be the daddy and get to be the boss. LOL He's smart as a whip, that kid. I told him this week that he was my little man, and he responded, "Yes, and you are my big momma." Hmm LOL.I recently picked up these sewing cards for the kids. They each have a bear and then three outfits they can "sew" on their bear. Riley has been crazy about this and is very proud of being able to do these.
Little Miss Naomi is growing up so fast. She is constantly asserting her independence and is quite often reading or singing in her sweet little chipmunk voice. Hehe.
The dining room is about half finished! The top half of the walls are texturized and painted. I have new curtain rods and drapes, and the new table is on the way. I finally decided to buy one - we had been using a table my dad had built years ago that was in their basement, and it was really too big for that room and all the traffic flow in there. So I found one with a leaf, so we can keep it smaller unless we are using it. I'd been eyeing one for awhile and it finally went on sale and had free shipping! Yeah! All that is left is to build the paneling (hopefully this weekend) and some trim, and paint the wainscot, molding, and closet doors. I also would like to get a small buffet, but I haven't decided if I'm going to order the one I like from Target, or browse the antique stores. We shall see! Here's a sneak peek...
I warned you this post was random. :)
I'll try to post updates over the next two weeks as I hear from Brad! TTFN- Ta ta for now!














3 comments:
Good job with all the hard work you've done already. that picture was such a tease - I can't wait to see the finished room. I think you need your own hgtv show!!! ;) I tell you all the time but your kids are soooooooo cute and......ummmm paleontologist!? he he WOW!
Will be lifting you guys and Brad up a little extra during his trip!
How fun! Matthew has the dandelion fascination as well..haha. Only he also likes to try and eat them. I can't believe he said "paleontologist." What a smart boy! That is a mouthful! I love the sneak peek:o) What color did you end up using? I love it....I may love it more than the one I had picked;o)
Thanks Terri!!! :)
Tami, the color is Stone Fence in Behr. I used their new ultra paint, which is primer and paint in one and it was worth the extra money! It went on like silk in one thick coat.
Post a Comment