Monday, June 1, 2009

Try This At Home: Mod-Podged Frames



I had been keeping my eyes open for quite awhile for the perfect something to hang on one blank section of wall in Naomi's room. It wasn't until I came across these mod-podged frames that I discovered a world of crafty decor-possibilities, at a minimal cost. Seven magic words to my ears.

Not only did I make three pretty frames to hang on the wall, I made two more for the dresser, mod-podged her white name letters, and completed the ensemble by doing her mirror that greatly needed a facelift.

You have been forewarned. This can become quite addicting! :)

To begin, you need a bottle of Mod-Podge, scissors, scrapbooking paper, a brush and container for the Mod-Podge, and your frame (or whatever you are making). I found a bunch of woooden frames at my local craft store for under $2 a piece. Depending on what you are making, you may want to paint the frame first before starting this part if there are any edges that will show.


Begin by cutting pieces of your scrapbook paper to fit the frame you are covering. Once all the pieces are cut, brush a thin, well-covered coat of Mod-Podge onto the frame. Press the paper into place and smooth out to avoid any creases or air bubbles.Allow it to dry for 10-15 minutes. Then brush another thin, well-coated layer of Mod-Podge over the top of the paper to seal and protect it. Allow it to dry completely.

Once it is dry you can sand the edges to finish it off and then add any embellishments, such as ribbon, buttons, silk flowers, or wooden cutouts. Hang, enjoy, and start the next one! :)



{Will post a finished photo of the mirror tomorrow! My husband has the SD card for my camera!}

2 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

Those are super cute! You've got so much talent!

Jamie and Emily said...

Love this idea! Saw it when you first posted it a few years ago, and had to look it up again now that we are doing the girls room. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin