Thursday, August 20, 2009

Accessorized!

The blank wall over the couch has been staring at me for quite a long time now, since at least February when we rearranged the furniture. I personally don't like large blank spaces like that. I just couldn't figure out how to best fill the space. Once we finished painting and I added the new wall clock, which I l.o.v.e., I was even more anxious to get something up there. Thankfully, I didn't rush into anything or commit to nail holes that would have to be refilled if/when I changed my mind and I ended up making the right choice! I took these black ledges that I had previously used in the dining room before the makeover in there, and accessorized them with some frames and knick-knacks. The great thing is (which is really great if you know me) I can change out the photos or accessories on the shelves anytime, without having to change the nail holes in the wall!



3 comments:

karen said...

love how you did the shelves and the turned out!:O)

Kim at Polka Dot Thought said...

I think you did a great job! I'm not a fan of large blank spaces staring back at me either...I just dealt with that challenge in the guest room. I'm sure I'll blog about what I did sooner or later :)

Pineapple Princess said...

That look so cute! You really did a great job. It's perfect!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin