Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blueberry Zucchini Bread


We tried a new bread recipe this week, and it turned out so yummy we are planning on making several more batches to freeze! I was introduced to this recipe from AllRecipes by our cousin Sara. We made 3 mini loafs and a batch of muffins with this recipe. Perfect for all the zucchini we have growing in the garden (did I mention Brad planted 6...yes SIX...zucchini plants this year...that is a boatload of zucchini for our little family!) and all the fresh, yummy blueberries we are getting this time of year!

INGREDIENTS:
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups sugar
2 cups zucchini, shredded
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 pint fresh blueberries

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the loaf pans.
3. Bake 50 min or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 20 min in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.

Enjoy!

P.S. For those of you who are having trouble locating my recipe collection now that I am no longer posting to my former recipe blog, you can still find all my recipes here at R&R by clicking on the sidebar link for "Recipes" or by searching more specifically by ingredient using the drop down box of labels. :)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Sounds yummy...can't wait to try it!! Great way to get the kids to eat the good stuff too. :)

Glad you guys had a great vacation too...loved seeing all your pics. You look fabulous preggo! :) I would probably consider having another one sooner if I wasn't still trying to lose all the weight from my girls...almost THREE years ago! :( *sigh*

Melissa said...

Thanks Heidi :). I know I keep telling myself after this one I am getting really serious about losing ALL the baby weight. Never really could shake the extra 10-15 pounds I had after Riley was born. But they are more than WORTH it! :)

karen said...

Your bread looks amazing...i'm almost drooling here looking at it. I haven't attempted to bake anything yet here since I've heard the oven is very difficult to bake with -- but this has me considering it! :O)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin