Thursday, August 27, 2009

Buffet

Since we remodeled our dining room, I have been keeping my eyes open for a small buffet cabinet to complete the room. We needed the extra storage space (for now it is holding the kids' board games, but it will ultimately be used for extra dishes) and it just gives a finished feel to the room. I had come across a few I really liked, but none in my price range until I spotted this one clearance priced with free shipping...score! It is just the right size for that spot and matches perfectly with the style of the room. You can see our new family portraits (the first ones we've ever had taken!) displayed proudly above!









What's our next project? Well, besides being on a mission to organize and declutter before this baby comes, I am currently working on converting Riley's room into a room for both boys. The crib and changing table are set up and the furniture arranged nicely. I am just adding some mod-podged frames, and the baby's name on the wall (yes he is all named, but you will have to wait until December...), and switching around some pictures and shelves since the added furniture changed things up a bit. I will probably share some pictures when I get that room in order. I know I still need to post pics from Naomi's finished room too...will get to that someday :).

We also have plans in the works to finish our "mudroom" into a nice entryway (which should help with heating costs in winter), since it is the main entrance to the house (even though it is the back door technically)...everyone is a back door friend around here! :) And convert the basement stairwell (which if you've been to my house you know it is a complete waste of space in there - bad layout). We would like to wall off a portion to create a pantry for the kitchen (and bring my freezer up from the basement!) and create a new door down to the basement from the finished entryway. Not sure if we will get to that before winter comes, but we are purchasing items as we see them to work on that. Will keep you updated if anything progresses there!

2 comments:

Terri said...

I love it Melissa - the whole room. Hey what is the name of the color blue on your walls? I love it! might have to go find it for a room here.

Melissa said...

Thanks Terri. Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure it was called stone fence in behr...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin