This past Tuesday, Brad and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary! We have been talking for years about going to the Belhurst Castle for a special occasion and were finally able to do it! It was absolutely amazing! We took a few hours before we checked in our room to drive through historic Geneva, and went to Watkins Glen for lunch (where we ate the most delicious fudge I have EVER had by the way). After lunch, we headed to Watkins Glen Park and hiked the gorge, which was incredible. The photos hardly do it justice - it was simply a gorgeous work of creation. It reminded me a lot of our honeymoon in the catskills where we hiked to some waterfalls!
Belhurst Castle was really beautiful. There are three different parts of it you can stay in: the Castle rooms, the Inn which is built adjacent to the castle on the same property, or the White Springs Manor, which is on a hill about 1/4 of a mile from the castle overlooking a grape orchard and the lake. That is where we stayed! We did dine in the castle, and the food was uber-delicious. It was one of the first times so far this whole pregnancy I ate a whole meal until I was really stuffed - it was soooo good!
The Castle - where we dined
White Springs Manor - where we stayed
(the view from our room!!!)
(had to get a picture with it in the back, but the sun was painfully bright!)
Beautiful wine country
Such a beautiful place to spend with your best friend, and an anniversary to remember always! It was pretty cool when Brad asked me at dinner if I go back to one period of time during the last 8 years what would it be, and I could only think about how awesome everything is right now, and I am perfectly happy to be right where we are! I pray that no matter where we find ourselves in life over the years we have left together, we are content and joyful at whatever stage we are at!














1 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Easy to remember because we got married the same day! =) Sooo jealous! We have always wanted to visit there too... after reading this, I think we will have to make it a priority soon! Glad you had a great time! =)
Post a Comment