Saturday, September 12, 2009

What's Gonna Work? Teamwork!

We like to foster independence in our kids as early as possible, and so we expect our kids to help out with as much as they are physically able around the house, even at barely 4 and 2 years old. Naomi, in general, is a very independent and determined child, and so she will often learn to do the things we are just starting to teach Riley, at a year and a half younger. One of her catch phrases is, "I can do it by myself" (as you will hear in the video). She has picked out her own clothes and dressed herself since before she was two, and does things like change her own wet pull-ups, sets the table, helps fold the laundry, and helps empty the dishwasher at two years old. We often get comments about how amazed people are that she does these type of things, but to us it is pretty normal.

Recently, I have started having Riley make his bed, and Naomi decided that she was going to help him out with that. The first time I asked him to do it, I went into Naomi's room later and found her bed completely made and laughed when she told me she helped Riley and then did her own. So now both kids make their beds, and because we encourage teamwork all the time (as they sing the song from WonderPets par the title of this post LOL), they usually work together to do it. I caught a bit on video this morning of them making Naomi's bed.

1 comments:

Terri said...

Nice work! They get a long so well!! Love Naomi's bed set!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin