I am not the best person at meal planning and I don't really *love* to cook, but since Riley's been in school in the mornings I have started cooking dinners during that time. It's definitely more enjoyable for me to cook in the morning than at 4 or 5 in the afternoon and Naomi usually likes to help so that makes it even more fun. I especially love fall because we can start making all the yummy soups and chilis that just hit the spot on that cold, icky day. I am taking advantage of our freezer this year and making large batches so that I have a meal or two's worth ready for right away, and then freeze the rest for another day, which will also be nice when the baby comes.
Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS:
* 6-8 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed (this past time I made it with red potatoes because I had a bag that needed to be used and they worked great too)
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 2 cans cream of celery
* 1 can cream of mushroom
* 2 soup cans full of half and half
* 1 stick butter
* salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS:
Boil potatoes and onion in a large pot. Add salt to water. Cook 10-15 min until potatoes are soft. Pour out water, leaving just enough to cover the potatoes. Add soups, cream, and butter. Stir and simmer until soup is combined. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with cheddar cheese!















4 comments:
I love when there is a recipe that EVEN I can make! I will have to try this. It will fill our freezer right away because I'll probably be the only one eating it but who cares! better go add half and half to my grocery list!
I never would have guessed you aren't a big fan of cooking! I was just yesterday thinking how I am a bad meal planner and it always seems it's "time to plan a meal" - I get so bored with our meals and always think of your blog for variety!!
Oh I am terrible lol. Thank goodness for a husband who likes to cook because that has saved me more times than not. I usually wait until dinner time to decide what to make and by then I am too tired to want to do it! Glad that I add some "variety" to your meals! :)
We love potato soup! I'll have to try this one. Love your blog..can't wait to follow and read more :)
Post a Comment