Monday, November 2, 2009

29

Today is the first day of a fresh new year for me --the last of what has been a wonderful and amazing decade during which I've become a wife, a college graduate, a teacher, a mother, a homeowner, a mother, a business owner, a mother...

So many things to be thankful for...and so many things to look forward to.



The birth of our new baby boy 7 weeks from today, that will make us a family of 5!









The completion of our residency/fellowship years when Brad will officially join the staff as a primary physician at a practice. Wow, it has been a long road, but God has been so faithful to us during these many training years as it is coming to an end . . . and a new beginning.






The kids will continue to hit precious milestones and amaze us with



their love, their growth, their discovery, and their joy. They will continue to teach me more than I could ever teach them.


The enjoyment and blessings of friends and family and friends who are like family. Meeting and making new friends in this new year, and growing and sharing life with the old ones.



The chance to live life simply, to love God fully.

To enjoy the sweet, precious moments in life as they come (click to view video)

To walk ahead into this next year of life with an attitude of joy, thankfulness, and love.






"This is th
e day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24

5 comments:

Terri said...

you are so talented. your post was beatiful (pictures, words, everything). So happy God is blessing you guys so much and SO proud to call you a friend, even if it is as a blogpal, fbpal etc. - he he. You are an amazing wife and mom! ps SO glad the fellowship experience is drawing to a close - you guys deserve some relief!!

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

This posting actually stirred my heart to emotion. What a blessing you are as I read your blog faithfully. I love watching the kids grow up and all the fun things that they do, and I love your talents and even though the way has been long you are still solid in your relationship with our Brad, whom we love so dearly. We cannot wait to meet the newest VAN Baby. Aunt Christi

Jenney said...

Happy Birthday Melissa!

JoAnna said...

What a beautiful post! I hope your new year will bring you amazing joy! Your life radiates beauty and I am happy to be a recipient of it! XO!

JoAnna said...

What a beautiful post! I hope your new year will bring you abundant joy! Your life radiates beauty and I am happy to be a recipient of it! XO!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin