Wednesday, December 9, 2009

37 Week Update

Well, we are 37 weeks and had an eventful few days. I started having regular contractions on Saturday, about 20 minutes apart. They were regular but mild ("mild" as in relative to the excruciating ones I remember...), although certainly not comfortable, but I felt good about waiting it out until my appointment yesterday as long as nothing changed. I had a stress test done and the baby's heartbeat was excellent. The nurse said she'd never seen a more perfect heartbeat! So, obviously the baby is quite happy and healthy where he is, which is a relief. I am definitely contracting, and doing it regularly. Since it could be very dangerous to go into labor, we are going to keep a close eye on things and if they increase in strength at all or become any more frequent I will need to call and go in, but at this point things have been steady for the last 4 days so we are going to try to keep this baby in as long as possible.

We've been trying to just enjoy these last days as a family of four. We've seen our first, and second, snowfalls of the year.

We've had a lot of fun playing around and being together.
We even had a date night and made it to a Christmas party over the weekend with our wonderful friends in our small group. Here we are in front of our tree just before we left!

But most of all, I'm hanging in there and looking forward to having all 3 of my precious babies home with me for Christmas!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Early contractions can be scary!! Glad to know the baby is doing great! Not much longer now...I'm so jealous you'll have your little one in your arms before Christmas. I can't wait to hold our little miracle :-)

Mary Vigil said...

I am getting so excited for the baby to come... I am looking forward to the pictures and posts. I am praying over you during these upcoming days! Much love!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin