Deck the halls with boughs of holly
Fa la la la la, la la la la

Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Don we now our gay apparel,
Fa la la la la, la la la la

Troll the ancient yuletide carol
Fa la la la la, la la la la
See the blazing Yule before us
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Strike the harp and join the chorus
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Follow me in merry measureFa la la la la, la la la la
While I tell of Yuletide treasure
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Fast away the old year passes Fa la la la la, la la la la

Hail the new, ye lads and lasses Fa la la la la, la la la la
Sing we joyous, all together Fa la la la la, la la la la

Heedless of the wind and weather
Fa la la la la, la la la la

FA LA LA LA LA...
LA LA LA LAAAAA! (aren't you glad there isn't a soundtrack to this blog?!)

Here are the kids with their annual ornaments! Pretty easy to figure out Riley has a dinosaur ornament this year :).


Naomi's ornament is reflective of her love of books and reading, as mentioned in my last post. When we saw this sweet ornament with a big bear and a little bear reading together we knew it was perfect.


And although he will be here in time for Christmas, we went ahead and hung baby boy's first Christmas ornament for him (boy, I am going to be glad when I can call him by his name and not baby boy anymore! I've almost slipped a few times and typed it out!) I fell in love with this sweet pea ornament from the moment I saw it!


This is one of my favorite traditions! We really enjoyed pulling out all of the kids yearly ornaments so far and sharing stories of why we picked them. This is Naomi's 3rd and Riley's 5th Christmas! Where does the time go?!

My mom makes stockings for each of the kids while I am pregnant and just finished the newest! It's so fun to be able to hang that 5th stocking! I never knew how much fun it would be to expect a baby this time of year...and I'm sure it will be even more fun to have him here just in time for the celebrations!

Hope you and your families are finding the
joy in decking the halls this season!
5 comments:
Precious. I've never had a real Christmas tree but your photos sooo wish I could get one.
Very pretty tree! Where did you get the advent calendar/house on your mantle?? I'd love to find one...
Looks like everyone had a blast! Love your sweet pea ornament!! My due date is Jan 5, and since this is my first pregnancy, I'm fairly certain she won't be here before Christmas. But I have been tempted to buy a "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament...just in case :-)
Thanks!
Stephanie, we got it from Target. Brad saw it and pretty much wouldn't put it down. He put together verses from the Christmas Story for each door to read to the kids each night after dinner. It's been really fun!
Thanks, Melissa! I'll have to keep my eye out for one! I've seen a few all holiday'ed out on Etsy. Pretty, but most are out of my budget (I'll find one and make my own)! I've seen matchbox and muffin tins ones that are really cute. I also thought this one was fun!
I just had a felt-type snowman advent calendar for the kids this year. I'm not sure why I never thought of putting verses for each day!! Perfect! Doing that next year...!
Hope everything goes smoothly with baby on Monday!
Post a Comment