Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Final Weekend

The final weekend of waiting is here! We are getting a lot of cleaning and tidying up done around the house today. Brad is on his first day of vacation from work! He got his car inspection done, and is getting us groceries later, and has been a huge help with the housework today already. My friend, Allison, came over yesterday to help take Riley to school and was a huge help, and we made a couple batches of cookies. (Here's a sweet pic of Naomi and her Auntie!) I'm hoping to get one more batch of Christmas cookies made today. And then tomorrow we should be able to just relax and spend some time over at my parent's house.

Just wanted to share a few more pictures of the kids and what they've been up to recently while I have the time :). Both kids love to draw and color (they each spend probably an hour a day working on pictures), and as Riley is getting older it is so fun to see so much more detail in his drawings. He loves to use all different colors when he makes his pictures. I complimented him on how I really liked all the colors he uses and he replied, "Yes, 'cause that's why I'm an artist!" I love how he already considers himself an artist. That's my boy! :) Here are some photos of him diligently working on a drawing of a pirate ship yesterday.




And here is the finished product!
(A pirate ship with pirates)

We get a masterpiece or two like this just about every day. I am going to eventually put together a book of our favorites that will be fun to look back on as he continues to grow and develop his skills. Here are a couple other recent favorites:

(A T-Rex - notice the 2 fingers)


(My family - he drew mommy, daddy, and himself and ran out of room so he squeezed Naomi and the baby in)

(Volcano - he loves drawing these, and brought home this one from school)

Earlier this morning, I worked on organizing the changing table. I pulled out some of the newborn diapers we had pre-purchased to put in the drawer and I can't believe how little they are!!! I thought Naomi would like to have one to play with and she was very excited to take it and headed off right to her room. I continued working and a few minutes later passed by her room to see her sitting on her bed diligently trying to get the diaper on her dolly and stuffed animals. So adorable.



I think she is ready to be a big sister and a big helper too! :)

Well, I can't wait to be able to share about our new little guy's arrival in just a short time. We will be sending out cards late this year so we can include him, so don't think we forgot! :)

This is going to be one of the best weeks ever! Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comments:

Tami said...

Yay! I'm so excited and can't wait to see pictures of your new sweet little guy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin