I'm so thankful for my kids and how much they have been especially obedient and helpful to me these last couple weeks. They have been extra good about picking up their toys, helping mommy do chores, and playing kindly and quietly. It's been very helpful when I am so limited physically right now.
They also have said some very sweet and funny things that have kept me feeling loved, and smiling. Every night before dinner when we say a prayer, we all take turns sharing one thing we are thankful for. A lot of times for the kids it is a toy, or the fact that daddy was home, or something fun they got to do that day. Last night at dinner, Riley said, I'm thankful for mommy taking such good care of us." How sweet is that? Even when I feel like they are taking more care of me right now, he says that!
Naomi's "thing" lately is that she will come up to me a few times a day, give me a big hug and a "nose kiss" (a sweet little kiss on the nose, which is something she came up with on her own and loves to do) and says, "Mommy, you are the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world." Well I'm sure not feeling very beautiful these days, but she sure makes me feel pretty special and loved, especially by my favorite little girl in the world.
Right, Riley...mommy definitely needs more sleep these days, but with or without it, I'm still so thankful for each of my kids! Love you!














2 comments:
Melissa you are so cute. I love reading about your family and love how your kids are so loving and thoughtful! they must have some great parents! Praying for you and hoping you are able to get much needed rest before little man arrives.
Thanks Terri!
Post a Comment