Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mini Heaven

Yesterday, we went on a field trip with Riley's preschool class to a working farm with over 80 miniature horses (The subtitle of the farm was "mini-heaven" hehehe)! It was such a beautiful day for it, and the horses were so much fun to see!

(I love how they are holding hands!)
The first part of the trip they got to take turns riding in a horse-drawn buggy! You can see how big their smiles were - they loved it! This is Riley and his buddy Cruz who will be in his kindergarten class next year. They ended up having matching helmets!





After the buggy ride, we had a break for snack while the other kids had a turn. Here is Riley with two of his friends.
You think they are having fun? :)
Here is Riley with his two teachers, Mrs. Ogden and Mrs. McClain.
The next part of the trip was to visit the horses. The kids could feed them hay. Naomi had fun doing that.





Grammy was able to take the day off to come with us! It was very helpful to have her there to carry Elijah so I could enjoy the farm with Riley and Naomi.

See, I was there! :)


All the horse stalls had their names on the front. I loved this one, since I call my kids my sweeties! Had to get a photo!




The farmer let all of the kids pick out a ribbon to take home with them. Here are Riley and Naomi proudly showing off their first and second place ribbons!




Afterwards, Riley, Naomi, and several of his friends had a blast playing hide-and-seek at this gazebo. It was so much fun to watch the bunch of 4-5 yr olds play!




What a gorgeous day for a trip to the farm! Great memories!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin