Friday, September 24, 2010

Fishy Business

Many of you know how much I love to paint on walls :).Well, I love it when I get the opportunity to do it for friends because I'm running out of walls to paint in my own home! My dear friend Nan had asked me a couple years ago to do a decorative painting of sea reeds around her master bedroom to match her comforter, and I love how it turned out. When her son, Drew, decided he was ready to retire the Veggie Tales bedroom and upgrade to a fish room, she asked me if I'd be willing to come back again and do an aquarium mural for him. I was MORE than happy to whip out my brushes and get to work :). I did a school of fish that matched the ones on his fish bedding and then got creative with the rest. Drew even helped me by painting a fish of his own in the mural, which I think is so cool to have his mark on there! It was so fun working with him - he had some great ideas of which sea life to include and I think it turned out fantastic!







4 comments:

jeck said...

Awesome!! Love it!! I so wished you lived closer I would let you come and paint my whole house! ;)

Mary Vigil said...

I love it! It is perfect! You are so talented!

Sara said...

You are so talented, Melissa! It looks great!

Tami said...

Great job!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin