Tuesday, September 14, 2010

We Dig Trucks

Yes, this is my third post today :). Seems like we go, go, go and then I have to try and catch up on everything all at once. This past weekend, we took the kids to an open house for the town department of public works. They had all kinds of trucks and work vehicles for the kids to climb on and a few that they could even operate with the help of a town worker. It was a pretty fun outing for free! :) We even got free hot dogs and lemonade for lunch!





The kids all got a plastic construction hat. Elijah actually left his on the whole time...I think he liked it! :)



The kids got to climb up into several of the trucks and plows.










Here's Naomi posing to show how big they were - the tires were bigger than her! :)



Riley went in this truck and was able to operate it with the worker!












Elijah got in on the fun a bit too!







There were so many different ones to try!






This was the highlight for Riley. He waited in time a LONG time to get to operate one of these diggers!







It was pretty cool - definitely worth the wait!


















Haha, I like how Brad looks like he's overseeing in the photos. What a cool day!

4 comments:

Jenney said...

Oh how fun! We have a similar event called "Touch a Truck" in our county...and I think we may have missed it!!!!!! We went last year and it was a blast. Oops. Thanks for sharing those pictures, it is AWESOME that they got to help operate one.

A Cooking Bookworm said...

Oh, Nathan would LOVE something like this!! How do you find out about such neat things?!!

Jen said...

Every little boys dream! What a great day...and Naomi looks like she was having a blast too!

Tami said...

Fun! We went to something similar this summer and I thought it was such a great idea! I had never heard of it before. It started raining so we didn't get to stay long but Matthew loved it! Cute pictures :o)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin