Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

On Friday we went on our annual Christmas tree hunt! We bundled everyone up because it was very cold out, but at least it was sunny and bright. We took the wagon ride out to the trees and picked out the perfect tree :). The kids were so excited and Elijah was such a trooper in the cold!




This year we remembered to measure after we got one a liiitttle too big last year ;)...

This is it!


The kids and I went in the warm house to defrost a bit while Brad started cutting.








The kids were so excited to get their new ornaments this year. I found a great website that personalized them for free! Riley got his pirate ship...
Naomi got a Dora and Boots one...that has been by far her favorite thing this year


and Elijah got a Tubby one that even looks like him! He definitely loves water and now that it's too cold to swim he really looks forward to his daily (sometimes more than daily) baths!
I got a new ornament set myself - it's the first time in 10 Christmases I've had a set for my tree! It's a beautiful silver/frosted white/crystal set that I LOVE!

Let the countdown begin to Elijah's birthday and then Christmas!! It's definitely the most wonderful time of the year!!!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Cute! I love your new ornament set too :o) I love having the kids pick out their ornaments every year...I can't wait to go this year. I'm laughing at you all measuring the tree...don't they always look so much smaller out in the field!

Sara said...

I love your new ornaments, too! I love silver/crystal ornaments on trees!

Can you share the website that you got your ornaments? I already have Carson's for this year, but would like to take a look and bookmark it for next year!

Jen said...

Love the one of you guys all pointing to the tree. Classic.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin