I am very excited to announce my new home business that I am preparing to launch by the end of the month! For the last couple of years I have been doing a lot of graphic design as a hobby and decided it was time to turn it into a business. I am very close to my Grand Opening - I have a few more preliminary designs to complete and a couple legistical things to finish up and I'll be ready to go! I will be sharing the link to the site as soon as it is ready, but since I am so close I thought I'd at least share my logo and get you all excited to see it :).
*update 2/29* Ok so I have to postpone the opening after (on top of being sick all week) finding out about one more form that needs to be sent in 20 days before opening. So I will keep you all waiting on pins and needles for just a few more weeks! Will keep you updated with an opening date, but right now the goal is to open on March 24th!


9 comments:
Melissa - no surprise that your blog is awesome! You have a gift! I can't wait to see your Color Me Happy link!! Hey how do you put a border around your pictures you post - do you do it on shutterfly or something before posting? just curious!
Hope your house is a healthy one soon - this flu bug is REALLY kicking Rochester's butt huh?
Thanks! I can't wait to see your website link! I'm sure it's going to be soooo cuteee! I've been thinking about doing something similar but it's going to be at least a year probably. I'll have to ask you about copyright for the digital scrappy stuff:) You should give us a little sneak peek:P
Thanks! I am almost up and running - just waiting for my sample prints to arrive any day now and my awesome brother to finish setting up my bookkeeping stuff! Should be ready within the week!!!
Terri, the border on my pictures on the right coloumn I did in Paint Shop...the ones that are in my posts are just part of the blog template :).
Tami - most digi scrappys are copyright protected ofr personal use only so you can't use it to make money, so everything I am doing is my own from scratch :)
Wow! So what program do you use to make it and how?!? I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to make it myself from scratch! :)
I use Paint Shop Pro for everything...I have been using it pretty much everyday for the last 2 years learning how to do all kinds of things...:) There are lots of tutorials out there, but a lot of it I just figured out after playing with it for so long :)I was going to start designing my own scrappy kits for people to use, but never finished any kits. Do you have a paint shop or photoshop program?
Yeah, I have photoshop. We haven't had it for too long so I am still in the playing around with it stage:) I still need to buy a book someone recommended to me. So you draw everything on there yourself? Do you use clip art or anything? I think that's the party I don't understand. I know I've seen templates they sell with a commercial license but they seem so expensive.
Well kind of...I take advantage of the preset shapes, patterns, and colorization tools...there's a lot of free stuff out there...and I have learned how to install and use a lot of plug-ins/filters which is really the key. That can get pretty advanced though because you have to play around with settings and stuff. I have heard Photoshop is harder to learn for beginners than Paint Shop though, so I don't have much experience with that program. Keep playing though - that's how I learned! :)
Just an update if anyone is keeping track...looks like my opening is postponed for 3-4 weeks. I have another form that needs to go to the State and it has to be sent in 20 days before opening. *sigh* They sure don't make it easy! Haha - well more time to work on designs then! :)
can't wait! The suspense is killing me;)
Post a Comment