Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Budding Artist and Future Rock Star

Riley continues to enjoy art very much. Earlier in the week he found some of mommy's nice markers and asked to use them (no.) I told him when we went to the grocery store we would look for some kid's markers. So on Tuesday we ended up finding him some markers (twistable - no caps!) and he has been having fun drawing with those. Then today he asked if we could paint. So I pulled out the washable paints (which I had forgotten we even had) and he painted all morning. It's so fun. I hope Naomi enjoys art just as much when she gets a little older. For now she's happy to use crayons for chewing and hoarding.


On a funny side note...after our busy morning at the zoo and library yesterday, Naomi took a long nap and missed lunch, so around 4pm she was starving. So I fed her some leftover tuna which she (not surprisingly) managed to get all over her and of course in her hair. Auntie Ally decided that she needed a spiked doo. Who knew tuna has such hair molding capabilities...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on, Naomi! I think tuna is probably the most natural way to do that doo and I will try it out (minus the mayo). Good seeing you youngins last night at Outback and have a great day.

Melissa said...

Let me know if it works without the mayo...I think the oil may have something to do with it, but the tuna alone may be sufficient.

Tami said...

haha...that's really funny! LOVE the do:) Leah loves art too and I'm so glad too!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin