My husband is a very hard worker. He loves his job and the people he works with and for. Otherwise I'm not sure how he does it. The Internal Medicine rotation is one of my top 3 least favorite schedules. After today Brad will have worked 94 hours in the last week. He is on his 10th day straight of work today, so he has worked 122 hrs without a day off. On Medicine months he gets only 4 out of the 30/31 days completely off (which I say with hesitation because most of those "days off" he is getting paged all day and catching up on paperwork), and that's also assuming he doesn't get called in for a delivery, which has happened before. In fact, he had a 16 hr day scheduled today, but was paged at 4:00am this morning for a delivery and went in, making it an 18 hour day for him now. No wonder I feel like I haven't seen him in a month and a half! I am very thankful for a husband who works so hard for our family and to help other people...but I miss him!
I am REALLY looking forward to our vacation at the end of the month.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
122 Hours
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment