Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Daddy, M.D.


Today was a very special Father's Day! Brad had the day off so we were able to take a day trip to Erie with my parents and brother Tim. We met my brother Josh who drove up from Pittsburgh to spend the day with us there. We went to the Erie Zoo (which was quite impressive for a smaller zoo - it exceeded my expectations anyways) and had a nice mid-day meal at the Olive Garden. (We took a lot of photos of our trip today, so I will be posting the link to an album as soon as I get them uploaded.) Aside from a popped tire on the Thruway about a half an hour from home, we had an awesome time! As soon as we got home the kids ran for the playroom and daddy joined in the fun. It was special to have him with us for Father's Day.

A friend shared a great poem with me that I framed for Brad with a photo of the kids. I just thought it was the sweetest thing, and perfect for Brad.

My Daddy, M.D.

Whenever Daddy signs his name,

He always writes M.D.,

So everyone will know

That he belongs to me.

For M.D. means "My Daddy"

Or something just the same

And that is why he always puts

These letters in his name.

Some letters in his name are small,

But these are not, you see

He always makes them big like that

Because he's so proud of me.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Melissa,

Great post!! Glad you all had a fun Father's Day(minus the flat tire). I enjoy your blog. I am thinking I need to start one . . .

Tami said...

how sweet! I love that poem too:o)

Melissa said...

Thanks!

Chris - you should definitely start one! Send me the link if you do! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin