Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mini-Camping

Our Community Group went camping at Letchworth State Park this weekend. Since Brad had to be to work early this morning and work a long shift tomorrow, we weren't able to camp overnight with the group, but we were able to drive down in the early afternoon Friday and stay till after dark. Riley was super excited for his first camping experience (even though we weren't going to be able to sleep in a tent). Naomi got to have her first overnight by herself at Grammy's house while we took Riley and met up with the Maas family for the afternoon. We went to see the falls and hiked a bit in the woods. I didn't realize Letchworth was known as the "Grand Canyon of the East." I'm sure it pales in comparison to the real thing, but the views of the gorge were pretty awesome. Then the Hibbards and the Schulers came around dinner time. The kids had a blast playing with the flashlights once it got dark out. It was a perfect day to camp (despite the threats of rain - we enjoyed beautiful skies!) and we are looking forward to doing some more camping hopefully soon! Here are a few highlights...click on the link to see more.
I love this photo of Riley! I took it when we first got there - you can see how excited he was! :)
The Middle and High Falls we saw on our hike - really beautiful. The guys - Todd, Glenn, Brad, and ZackThe gals - Yaicha, Maryellen, Me, Sonja (and Lydia snuck in the pic hehe)...I think I look really tired - I was!

The kiddos - Caleb, Hannah, Abigail, Lydia, and Riley

Again...tired, but happy to be together and hanging out with some pretty great friends! :)

1 comments:

Tami said...

How fun! I loved all the pics! I thought it was funny that they looked like they were going to drink from the tea kettle! Cool fire pics at the end too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin