Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Translation


I think every parent gets excited when their children begin to talk with each new word they say whether it's your first or your last child. I love experiencing each new day with Naomi as she learns and says/does brand new things. Its fun hearing her find her voice and change from a little baby to a little person. I have probably said this before, but I think between 1-2 yrs old is one of the coolest stages. I haven't kept a very good record, but I tried to jot down a few of the most common words she is saying these days. Keep in mind of course most of her words are still in "baby language," a dialect that quite often must be translated for others (usually) by the mom. One of the special privileges of being a mom is having the keys to communication with your children before anyone else. So here is a translated list of Naomi's top words at 15 1/2 months (I'm sure I'll think of more to add...).

Mama
Dada
Papa
RaRa - Riley
BaPa - Boppy (my dad)
Uh oh
Mah - More
Ni-Nigh - Good Night
Ditdee - Thank You
Baba - Bottle
Animah - Animal
Bah - ByeBye
Dah - Dog
Anana - Banana
NahNah - Tuna
Baw - Ball
Up
Don - Down
Ah boo- Peek a boo
Deee - Dolly
Alma - Elmo
Abba - Abbie (Cadabie)
Yum Yum
Poo - Spoon
Duh - Done
Elloh - Yellow
PuhPuh - Purple
Boo - Blue
Geee - Green
Appah - Apple

Lately, she has been walking around the house "talking" on the phone now too. Especially if she sees mommy talking she will go and find her play phone so that she can talk too. I took these photos this morning after I got off the phone with my mom :).

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin