Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Eggs 2009

Following dinner, we went ahead and colored a small batch of eggs with the kids before Brad had to go to work. We tried the glitter kit, and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. The eggs we did "glitterize" were pretty, but it was clumpy and awkward to roll an egg around in glitter, so we only did two like that. I had more fun trying different color combinations with the washes (and it's a great opportunity to teach mixing colors to the kids!) I'm going to be turning these works of art into deviled eggs tomorrow anyways, so I don't feel too bad about it. The glitter would be pretty for an egg centerpiece though, or on fake eggs. I'll have to remember that for next year.

It was Naomi's first time coloring eggs!

Waiting for it to color...

This one makes me laugh :). She was having fun.

Riley really enjoys activities like this.

Daddy joined in on the fun.

Me and my pretty girl!

It's impossible to get both kids looking and smiling. At least I got Riley's sweet smile!

Daddy being silly, trying to get them (Naomi) to say cheese!

Happy Resurrection Weekend!!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Your hair is getting lighter again...it's pretty! :)

Jenney said...

Happy Easter!

Pineapple Princess said...

What beautiful eggs! I'm so happy to see that your hubby got to be a part of the fun, too, because I know he works so hard.
What a beautiful family you have. You are so blessed! :)

Easter blessings!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin