Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Egg {Salad}

Eggs. We dye them. We crayon them. We paint them. We adorn them with stickers. We admire them as works of art. And then what?

If you know me then you know coloring Easter eggs is a fun, annual tradition for me...I mean us...as it is in many families. Eggs have been an integral part of the Easter celebration for many reasons over many years.

Yesterday at our Mops meeting, I helped plan our creative activity so each mom could make and take 6 eggs and it was great! One mom, who is from the Caribbean, had never done it before which made it even more cool! I am planning on also dying eggs with the kids in the next day or two (I got a glitter kit!).

But in the back of my mind, I am already thinking about what I am going to do with an over-abundance of hard-boiled eggs in my fridge.

Luckily, I am a big fan of egg-salad and I don't normally take the time to make it, so I am looking forward to having some yummy egg sandwiches next week!

Here is my favorite egg salad recipe for you to try. How do you plan on using up your eggs?

Egg Salad

INGREDIENTS:
* 3 oz. cream cheese
* 1/4 cup mayo
* 1/2 tsp sugar
* 1/4 tsp onion powder
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 1/8 tsp pepper
* 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped

DIRECTIONS:
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add mayo, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Fold in eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Toast two slices of bread, and garnish with lettuce.

Yields: 6 servings.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Yumm! I love egg salad sandwiches. We'll probably do some of those, too. But definitely will do deviled eggs!!

Melissa said...

I love deviled eggs! In fact, I just made them and ate some (several!) for lunch today! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin