8 years ago today. Where were you? Every American and many around the world can easily answer that question, but with a heavy heart.
We were driving back to Ohio to start our senior year of college from our wedding reception at Brad's parent's church in Iowa. We were listening to the radio the whole 9 hours, but nothing was like seeing it on the television when we got back. It didn't sound real. We were stopped for gas around 9am when I heard the news report that a plan had crashed into one of the towers. We assumed it was an accident or some kind of fluke thing, but while waiting for that explanation that never came we heard about the second plane and we knew that the world had just changed forever. We were in shock and were glued to the radio the entire way home as the horrible reports continued. It was a day frozen in time for sure.
Hard to believe that 24 hours previous we were rejoicing and celebrating a new life together full of excitement and potential. Thankfully, we have a relationship with a God who we can trust even when things seem out of control. Who we can pray to when there are no words for what is happening. Who we can hope in even when things are hopeless.
Amazing how much can change in a day. But more amazing how God never changes.




1 comments:
I was sleeping in at my parents house because, like you, I was getting ready for my senior year at Cedarville. I had just woken up when my cousin called. She started yelling "WHERE IS YOUR DAD??? IS HE ON A PLANE???? A PLANE JUST CRASHED INTO THE TWIN TOWERS" I was a bit dozy but kinda woke up really quick when I answered the phone. See, my dad traveled in airplanes 2-3 times a week back then. In fact, he had chosen to drive to PA (and was within 30 minutes of that crash site that day) instead of fly, but it took me a few minutes to remember that. I immediately turned on the TV just in time to see the second plane crash into the towers. Everything was a blur after that, but I don't think I moved away from the TV or even got dressed that entire day.
Post a Comment