Monday, December 8, 2008

About Me: The Christmas Edition

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Combo, but usually wrapping paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real! Always a Douglas Fir.
3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving weekend
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day or shortly after
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really- it tastes like I'm drinking bubble gum and that's just weird
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Not sure I have one favorite, but my American Girl doll, Kirsten, was pretty cool (that was back when they first came out and she was the first one...man I am getting old) and games for our computer were always fun- a Commodore 64 :)
7. Hardest person to buy for? Any of the in-laws
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmm, not sure, but I do still have a pair of Santa Claus toe socks sitting in my drawer I have never worn...
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life -gotta watch it every year!
13. When do you start shopping? This year it was at the end of October
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm sure I have.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? A variety of Christmas cookies and peppermint hot chocolate
16. Lights on the tree? Absolutely, all white ones
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh, Holy Night
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? You know Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid, and Donner and Blitzen, but do you recall the most famous reindeer of all...Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We have the kids open their stockings on Christmas Eve (they get PJ's and a DVD) and the rest of the gifts on Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Over-commercialism and extra gaudy lawn ornaments :)
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love Naomi's first Christmas music box ornament, but all the kid's yearly ornaments are very special. Red/Gold trimmings.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Lasagna...mmmm
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To have my family spending the holiday all together and for my kids to understand a little bit more about the true meaning of Christmas.

Your turn! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin