Saturday, December 6, 2008

Little Things

It's funny how little things can make such a big difference in our lives as moms. It doesn't take much to make me happy really. Like a haircut. I get my hair cut about 3 times a year, which is a huge increase from the former annual splurge cut, or even the, "babe, i know you can cut in a straight line...i trust you, with fingers-crossed cut" I would get in our early years of marriage. I scheduled a haircut for today that was long overdue. In fact, looking back I wish I would have had it done before we took our Christmas card pictures, but oh well! So when Brad's pager went off this morning at 7 am and suddenly I had no husband to watch the kids during my appointment, I was like there is NO way I am missing this appointment! I am so thankful for my dear friend Lynda who very sweetly and willingly took the kids for me as I shoved them in her door at two minutes to ten (when my appointment was scheduled) and I was able to keep that appointment (even if I was a few minutes late)! Now I am set for the season...let the Christmas parties begin! :)

On a side note, I have been getting a lot of traffic on my Color Me {Happy} Designs site from all over the world which has been super cool! One reason is that I am donating a portion of December proceeds to String of Pearls for customers from MckMama's blog (who gets mega traffic and has a really fun blog to read - check out the link in my blog list or see my business site for more info about that great ministry!). But I also discovered that I am being featured in a few different places on a google search which is so sweeet!!! I'm on this greeting cards guide site: http://www.zetaprints.com/help/greeting-cards-guide/ AND on this better living guides site: http://betterlivingguides.com/blogging/blog-layouts_page_7.html. How cool is that?!

"WAY cool mommy!!!"

3 comments:

Tami said...

That's great! AND where's the pic of your hair? :o) I wanna see!

Jenney said...

Congratulations on the great publicity you are getting. I was trying to figure out how to put a "color me happy" button on my blog, but it wasn't working for me the other day. I'd order cards through you, but we are too cheap right now!

Melissa said...

Aw thanks Jenney, I totally understand :). As far as the button goes if you right click and save it to your computer you can upload it as a picture gadget with a link on your blog. Thanks for trying! As far as the hair picture goes Tami...I should have taken one after I had it cut cause it looks a mess now! :) hehe

Blog Widget by LinkWithin