Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday Funny Pages


This is a story from a couple months ago that I had meant to share and it slipped my mind until the other day in the car. (Caleb is one of Riley's best little buddies by the way.)

Riley: Momma, where is Caleb?

Me: Caleb? Well he's probably at home with his mommy. I don't know.

Riley: No, but I want Caleb.

Me: Well, you will see him at church next time we go.

Riley: No CALEB.

Me: Caleb? Like your friend Caleb?

Riley: No, like Caleb MUSIC.

Me: (lightbulb goes on) Oh you mean K-Love music on the radio?!

Riley: Yeah!!!
_____________________________________________________________

On the way home from church Weds night, I was chatting with the kids and by about 3/4 of the way home Riley started getting pretty grumpy, which isn't unusual since they are up an hour past their normal bedtimes on Weds nights. So I started making a joke out of it...

Me: Is Mr. Grumpy Pants in our car?!

Kids: (giggling)

Me: Cause I don't want Mr. Grumpy Pants in our car. He's going to have to get out and let Smiley Riley back in!

Kids: (more giggling)

Naomi: (the whole rest of the way home) Smelly Riley! Smelly Riley!

_____________________________________________________________

Brad: (walks to the kitchen and opens the fridge) Riley says he wants to help Naomi go potty.

Me: He wants to help her go potty? Is he in the bathroom with her?

Brad: Yeah I guess so.

Me: How is he helping her?!

Brad: I don't know. He just said he needed to help her use the potty.

Me: You let a 3 year old help a 1 year old use the potty? (laughing, I get up to go check things out...find the bathroom door closed)

Me: Knock knock...what's going on in there? (Riley cracks the door open...I see Naomi playing with daddy's toothbrush, pants on the floor, standing over the little potty, she immediately sits down)

Riley: I'm helping Naomi use the potty.

Me: Why do you need to be in there with her?

Riley: Cause I'm gonna take care of her.

Me: What does she need help taking care of?

Riley: Well, I'm just gonna close this door cause Naomi needs some pribacy and I'm gonna be in here with her to watch her go potty.

At least he kinda knows the word privacy...we'll have to work on the meaning :).
____________________________________________________________

If you'd like to share your funnies from this week, post a link to your blog post or leave a note in the comment section!



2 comments:

Jenney said...

My funnies are up. Oh my, when James helps Jack with the potty I can only imagine what will be going on!

Tami said...

heee...that's funny!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin