Sometimes I wish I were an ant.
Not literally. Did you know an ant can carry a load 10-50 times it's own weight? I think during weeks like these that would come in pretty handy.
I do feel like a have a little too much responsibility at the moment and am in charge of too many different groups (thus the possible cause of the twitch in my eye I've had for the last month...), but I know that it is temporary as I transition between ministries at church. Between Small Group, MOPS, HighPoint, my business, and my personal emails I think I have sent a couple hundred emails in the last week! I want to be able to finish the MOPS year well, while being effective in the new High Point coordinator role I have taken on, for the time that they overlap and still be a good wife, mom, and business-woman.
I have to admit that I really have a deep excitement about being involved in this Children's ministry. I really had to step out of my comfort zone to lead MOPS the last two years, but I know it has helped me grow and I am thankful for the friendships I have now because of it.
In the past couple weeks, I have started recruiting people for the leadership team for 4's and 5's HighPoint (we really need to come up with a name for it because it gets confusing clarifying "which" HighPoint all the time), and so many exciting things have been happening! It's great to see how God is already orchestrating the people He wants to use for this, and although I don't know exactly how and when all the details are going to work out, I can honestly say I am okay with that because I know it is not in my hands. Let's hope I can still say that with a smile a few months from now!
Although I cannot carry the same load as an ant, I am thankful that God is there to help me with the load I am carrying. I just need to be better about asking Him for help with it and thanking Him, when I do forget to ask, for doing it anyways.














3 comments:
How about "HighPoint Jr." for the 4-5's? Kind of cute :) I am praying for you today as you juggle these many balls. I know how it feels. Have you ever read the book "Shopping For Time" by Carolyn Mahaney & her daughters? It is a GREAT tool to help prioritize time. They suggest a "retreat" (couple of hours) each season (I do it about 2 times per year) to re-evaluate commitments and time priorities. It has been very helpful to me. It is a small book and won't take a long time to read.
Melissa, thanks for updating the link to my blog on your site. I appreciate it and know that your blog drives a lot of traffic to mine. :) As for the name thing...I do like Maria's suggestion however "HP Jumping Beans" would be cool too.
just stopping by from sits to say hello. be sure to take some time for yourself with all that you have to do!
Post a Comment