We love music and like to have it playing in the background throughout the day.
Kinda like theme songs to our life.
As much as the Wiggles have invaded our home over the last three years, I much prefer to listen to kids music that resembles music I would normally listen to anyways...or at least isn't like torture when you can't get it out of your head.
I tend to go for more of the Indie/folk style artists when it comes to kids music. So let me share a few of our favorite kids artists and albums that are dominating my iPod at the moment.
Elizabeth Mitchell
Initially this artist caught my attention by her retro-inspired album covers that reminded me of my childhood. I was excited when her music equally captured my attention. Her acoustic/folk sound is easy to listen to and she has a great collection of songs on all of her CD's. She is a long time friend of (adult) musician Lisa Loeb, and they came out with a joint album called Catch the Moon. We also enjoy listening to You Are My Sunshine and You Are My Little Bird.
Frances England
I could listen to these CD's all day. Frances' music is fun and catchy. This folk/Indie style, award winning artist writes songs that both kids and adults can enjoy. Her albums are Fascinating Creatures and Family Tree.
TJ McCloud
This is a Christian artist who came out with a couple children's albums. We were first introduced to the Playground CD's when a friend gave us one as a gift when Naomi was born. We enjoyed it so much that I was excited to discover that there was a second one. His kids albums are Playground - A Place I Know and Playground - I Want to Shine.


This is one I randomly discovered at our library (a great place to check out all kinds of music for free!) and I'm so glad I did. Her songs are funny and creative and although my kids frequently ask to listen to this one, I am happy to oblige. The one I have is Ants Wear Underpants, but I know she has a couple more out as well. I will be checking our local library for those soon!

I'm always on the look out for new kids tunes, so what are your favorites? Do share, please!






















0 comments:
Post a Comment