Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Riley's Big Day!



This morning I took Riley to his Preschool Open House! His official first day is Monday, but today I got to go with him to meet his teachers and classmates and have him explore the classroom. He was super excited to go, a little shy upon arrival, and then opened right up. I don't think he stopped smiling the whole time we were there. The teacher's assistant (who I love - she is super sweet) said, "He sure is a happy boy isn't he?!" He played with the trucks and cars, read a couple books, did a puzzle box, and drew a beautiful picture! He had so much fun that when it was time to go he made a sad face and said, "That wasn't long enough!" It looks like the class of 17 is mostly going to be girls. There were only 3 other boys there, but luckily Riley is used to playing with a sister. He even said on the car ride home that he missed Naomi (aww!). I am so proud of him and just know that he is going to have an awesome year!








_____________________________________________

I have to share a few "Rileyisms" as well since there have been quite a few lately (and a Naomi-ism too!:)

This past Sunday, Riley moved up to the "big kids" class at church, called HighPoint (4 years-6th grade), which I have been helping coordinate this year. It is such an awesome, high energy program for the kids, who end up just loving going to church and taking home very applicable lessons.

I was informed that in their small group time, their class "interviewed" the children's ministry director and were allowed to ask her any questions they wanted. (Mind you this is a group of 4 and 5 year olds.) A couple kids made some silly statements, and then Riley raised his hand with a very important question that he must have been pondering until just the right opportunity came along. He asked, "How do alligators sleep in the water without sinking to the bottom?"Now that is a good question! LOL

__________________________________________________

Sunday before church, Riley had his tool box packed with toys that he had been calling his "equipment for maing a cake." He politley asked if he could bring his "equipment" to church and daddy answered back that he could not. Riley's response without missing a beat was, "That's okay. I'll just go get my gun."

(What?!?!?! LOL We're still cracking up over that one. He doesn't even have a toy gun.)

__________________________________________________

Yesterday, we were discussing the virtue of the month, wisdom, and I asked Riley to tell me some places we could go to find wisdom, so I helped him list some places.

"We could get wisdom by going to school, and to church, and to the library. We can get wisdom from the Bible and from other books, ..."

Naomi: "and from fruit snacks..."

_____________________________________________

On the way to the preschool open house this morning, Riley and I were having a conversation in the car about how we used to live in Cincinnati and now we live here. I asked him if he liked living here...

Riley: Yeah I love living here cause I have lots of really fun toys and I love playing with my little sister! (How cute is THAT?!)

Me: And you are going to have a little brother to play with soon too!

Riley: Yes I can't wait to play with my little brother. I like him. I think he is going to have cute cheek-cheeks!

I LOVE THESE KIDS! :) They bring so much joy to my life!


1 comments:

Susanna said...

He's adorable, and all the stories are a riot!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin