Tuesday, November 23, 2010

11 months



Ok so I know I missed the 10 month update, but I'm determined not to miss the 11 month one! On Sunday Elijah turned 11 months and began the countdown to the 1st birthday! Hard to believe a year ago I was very pregnant and very uncomfortable already with my heavy belly. Explained a lot when the chunky monkey was born 2 lbs heavier than my previous babes! He was so worth it though! :)






Let's see- this has been an exciting month. He has taken his first steps on his own this past month. I was dropping the kids off at my mom's to head to Riley's first parent teacher conference (which went wonderfully by the way - he is doing so well!). Elijah was saying goodbye while standing and holding my mom's fingers and he let go and took a couple steps over to me! So exciting!! He's done it a few more times since and is slowly getting braver and braver. Not long now!

He has 8 teeth and is such a happy, huggy boy. He is such a lovie. He has been snuggling a lot more, and loves to lay his head down on my shoulder and fall asleep now, which he never used to do. He is saying new words every day and communicating better and better. He loves to pretend to talk on the phone and says something that sounds very much like hello when he does it! He loves playing with toys, especially musical toys and cars. He will crawl and push them around the house!

He loves playing in the bathroom, which can be a problem :). We have to be careful to make sure the door is latched at all times because those little fingers can get in there and open it! The other day I found him in there after just a couple minutes and he had torn the whole thing apart. This is the face he gave me when I found him! :( He knew he had done something wrong as soon as he saw me! Naturally, I started laughing and pulled out the camera, haha.


He still loves doing Patty Cake and does his own motions to it now. He loves to dance to music, and use his walker all over the house.








He eats mostly what we eat, with his favorites being pasta, bananas, and yogurt bites.






He continues to be a joy and a blessing. We are looking forward to celebrating the first year of his life very soon!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

P.S. You may be getting this in an email and be surprised. I'm going to see if this works, but if I switch my blog to public after I post for a little while, the feed burner will have access to it so it will send out my email updates, and then I can switch it back to private. I know some of you grandparents and friends depend on and miss those emails, so hopefully this will make it easier for you to stay updated while I keep the blog pretty private!

1 comments:

Tami said...

LOL...love it! I'm still laughing at the bathroom picture! So hard to believe how much they change the first year. Adorable!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin