Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Snapshots June 2008


I am not a big fan of getting professional photos. Don't get me wrong - I see them in people's homes in their lovely frames and think, "wow, those are really beautiful pictures! I would love to have some photos like that." But with the budget of a student for the last 95% of my life and the several really bad experiences I've had, plus with how easy it is to snap a few photos myself when we're having a Kodak moment...its not been on my list of priorities let's just say. I honestly feel physically sick when I have to go to the studio. Plus I really love photos that are "real" and not posed looking (although there are many awesome professional photos that look "real") - I like that when I look back at them and remember my life I will remember the actual moments rather than the photo shoot.
So while I was planning on biting the bullet and taking the kids this summer to get one done, we ended up having one of those moments recently when the kids were dressed cute for church and wanted to sit together on the rocking chair. So naturally I grabbed the camera and snapped a few memories that ended up being some of my favorites of them so far. I have been waiting to post them so I could mail a few first (and I am bringing some copies with us to Michigan tomorrow).
I love that my kids really love each other so much and I pray that will continue throughout their lives. At least for now they really are best friends! :)

And of course they inspired me to create a Color Me {Happy} card to send to friends and family! :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin